- The rebate can be applied to multiple locations owned by the same policyholder, up to a maximum of $2,000.
- Single or multiple SPDs can be installed in any dwelling, outbuilding, or commercial building on your property.
- The SPD must be permanently connected at the building’s electrical point of entry, or the main breaker panel to provide whole-house protection.
Surge Protection Program
We will pay 50% of the expenses (up to $1,000) for the installation of an electrical Surge Protection Device (SPD) on your property.
- The SPD must have a minimum 80KA – Surge Current Rating.
- The SPD must incorporate a means of ensuring that the unit is functioning properly when in service, such as a diagnostic light or other monitoring system.
- The SPD must be installed by a qualified individual, such as a Licensed Electrical Contractor, and be inspected by the Electrical Safety Authority (ESA). A copy of the ESA Certificate of Acceptance must also be submitted.
- It is preferred that the SPD has consumable modules that can be easily replaced after a surge event. Your electrical Contractor can provide further information on these types of units.
- You must be an existing policyholder. The device must have been installed after January 1, 2022. Eligibility for this program is limited to once in any five-year period.
Surge Protection Device Rebate – Apply
Applying and submitting documents for the Surge Protection Device Rebate Program is as easy as 1-2-3. You will receive a copy of your submission through email and our Loss Control Team will follow up with you.
Surge Protection Device Rebate
This form is used on https://www.kemutual.com/surge-protection-rebate/
"*" indicates required fields