2023 Scholarship Program Application
Kent & Essex Mutual Insurance Company will be offering five $1,000 scholarships to graduating high school students that reside within Chatham-Kent or Windsor-Essex who will be pursuing a full time post-secondary education at a university or community college in Ontario in any area of study. Application deadline is April 30, 2023.
- Students aged 19 or younger in the year when post-secondary studies begin and are permanent residents of Ontario.
- Students must be enrolled at an Ontario university or college as a full-time student in the current year of the awarding scholarship.
- Students must be attending university or college for the first time as a first-year student.
- The completed application and essay or YouTube video presentation must be received by Kent & Essex Mutual Insurance by April 30, 2023. Late and/or incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
- A letter of recommendation from the applicant’s high school principal, vice-principal, guidance counsellor or teacher must accompany the application.
- Children of staff and directors of Kent & Essex Mutual Insurance do not qualify for this award.
- Successful applicants will be announced at their annual convocation ceremonies.
- Award winners will be required to provide their Social Insurance Number (SIN) and proof of enrolment in a full-time post-secondary educational program (including apprenticeships and co-op programs) from the Registrar’s Office prior to scholarship funds being released.
Motor vehicles are the primary mode of transportation for a large percentage of Canadians and often an indispensable part of our lives. With vehicle thefts on the rise, provide some insight on how policyholders can best protect themselves and their vehicles and from an alternative perspective, how can insurance companies assist in reducing vehicle theft risk?
Please share your thoughts on the topic in one of the formats below:
- Option 1 – Essay
Minimum 750 words; typed
- Option 2 – YouTube Video Presentation
Provide YouTube video link in the application form
Application deadline: April 30, 2023
Please complete the Application Form.
Submit both your Application and Essay/YouTube video link via email or mail.
- Completed Application must be in PDF format.
- Email Subject: Scholarship Program
- Email To: email@example.com
- Print completed Application and mail to:
Kent & Essex Mutual Insurance Company
PO Box 356
Chatham ON N7M 5K4