In this role you will provide a full range of administrative support services to all Underwriting departments, including auto, residential, farm and commercial. Ideally this position will be a steppingstone to launch your career with Kent & Essex Mutual allowing for other career opportunities within our organization as you learn more about the underwriting process and the business of insurance.
- Provide a full range of administrative support services which will include printing policies and renewals for all underwriting departments
- Organizing and administering our underwriting policies to prepare and print for courier and mail each day
- Help maintain team standards through supporting underwriters in achieving their service/quality levels and targets as required
- Working with underwriters to assist with the completion of underwriting related administrative duties
- Act as back up for handling incoming documentation and communications with external clients and broker partners
- Provide exceptional customer service to our policyholders, broker partners as well as internally with coworkers
- Provide back-up phone coverage while collaboratively working with the reception group for K&E
- Confidentially and appropriately collect and disseminate information, ensuring that sensitive, proprietary, and confidential information is released only to those authorized
- In office position – must be able to commute to our office daily in Chatham, Ontario
- Required to have exceptional customer service skills
- 1-3 years of experience in an administrative support role
- Experience working within an insurance company or brokerage is preferred but not required
- Proven ability to consistently demonstrate high attention to detail and accuracy
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with internal and external contacts or business partners
- Ability to work collaboratively within the team
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a busy environment
- Possess a positive attitude towards change and process improvement
- Tech savvy with the ability to learn and use new software with ease, as well as fluent with MS Suite of products
KENT & ESSEX MUTUAL INSURANCE is a well-established local mutual insurance company located in Chatham-Kent for over 130 years. We offer a rewarding and positive environment to take that next step in your career. We are a progressive company that believes in giving back to our community, ongoing development opportunities, as well as providing a competitive compensation program.
Qualified applicants should apply in confidence to Human Resources by September 30, 2022, via email: email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest and wish to advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the hiring process as required under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
"*" indicates required fields