Commercial Auto Underwriter
Kent & Essex Mutual is recruiting an experienced Commercial Auto Underwriter to join our team in Chatham-Kent, Ontario. As a Commercial Auto Underwriter, you will be underwriting for our broker partners with a focus on growth and profitability. The ideal candidate will bring creativity, curiosity, and a collaborative mindset. You understand commercial auto insurance in Ontario and love the challenge of helping our brokers find real insurance solutions. We believe that building genuine relationships with our broker partners by delivering exceptional customer service defines success in the role. This position can be a remote position if you do not live within commuting distance to our office.
- Assessing, accepting, and declining submissions, within assigned underwriting authority.
- Perform risk analysis using technology as well as external data sources for the purposes of quoting, negotiating, and authorizing the acceptance of risk.
- Determine eligibility for policy renewals based on guidelines and retention goals of the company.
- Communicate decisions and respond to requests in a prompt and professional manner.
- Assist with interpretation of rating procedures, wordings, underwriting policies and regulations.
- Review underwriting requests, providing support to brokers confirming the correct rate and clarifying or explaining underwriting rules to ensure they are applied accurately.
- Understanding of and ability to read/interpret auto policy wordings.
- Maintain awareness of market trends and pricing levels.
- A minimum of 5 years’ commercial auto underwriting experience in medium to complex risks
- Experienced in Fleet and Garage underwriting
- Proficient underwriting skills, sound judgement, decision making and analytical ability
- Ability to develop and maintain positive partnerships with our broker partners
- CIP Designation, in progress or willing to obtain
- High degree of collaboration and negotiation skills
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- You are professional and courteous in all interactions
- You perform well in a busy operation, remain calm under pressure, and can prioritize appropriately
- You are a team player who makes work fun for those working around you
- Proficient presentation and facilitation skills
- Occasional travel may be required to meet with brokers or to facilitate/attend training.
Kent & Essex Mutual offers a competitive compensation package which includes benefits and a pension. We offer a positive, progressive work environment supportive of a healthy work life balance and employee development.
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter. Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let, us know by contacting: email@example.com .
"*" indicates required fields