Accident Benefits Claims Adjuster
As an Accident Benefits Adjuster, you will be helping people truly in need. You will be responsible for dealing with our customers and promptly identifying and meeting their needs, ensuring timely and thorough investigation. This includes identifying eligibility and/or entitlement, ensuring quick access to all available benefits to promote treatment and recovery, and helping the claimant return to their pre-accident status. KENT & ESSEX MUTUAL INSURANCE is a progressive, well-established, property and casualty mutual insurance company proudly located in Chatham-Kent providing insurance solutions through our trusted network of broker partners. We value our employee’s career growth and ongoing professional development. We value our community and our business partners and have for over 130 years. We believe in doing what’s right and feeling good about it. We are looking for applicants who are motivated to learn and those that understand what exceptional customer service is.
- Actively participate with claimants, physicians, treatment providers, employers, rehabilitation workers and other industry professionals
- Investigate, evaluate, negotiate low to medium complexity of claims in accordance with the SABS legislation
- Manage claims with tact and professionalism
- Timely, accurate reserving in line with Company protocols and guidelines
- Maintain control over expenses through pro-active handling techniques
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a customer service and office environment
- Minimum of 1 year of Accident Benefit claims experience or related experience preferred
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience (Kinesiology or Health Sciences is preferred)
- Strong knowledge of computers, MS Office programs and the ability to learn new software with ease
- Dedicated to delivering an exceptional customer experience
- Effective communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to cross-reference information with attention to detail
- Ability to read, interpret and apply relevant legislation
Please apply in confidence to Human Resources by August 4, 2021 via the following form or by email: email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest and wish to advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Kent & Essex Mutual will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
"*" indicates required fields